Let’s work together
There is a well-known theory put forward by reputable research that of all the obstacles or challenges that may hold back a diverse workforce, the single, most important one is the lack of access to people of influence.
This 20-year-old research still applies today. WIP brings people together to offer opportunities where those interested in advancing their professional lives mix with established leaders.
Join us at these regularly scheduled networking events!
- Listen to an inspirational talk by an outstanding industry leader, and then tackle thought-provoking questions with your peers at your roundtable. Each table reports back to the larger group to share insights and unique viewpoints.
- A popular, signature event held annually at the NPGA Southeast Expo. Details and free registration are posted on our Calendar of Events and at NPGA Expo.
- Virtual roundtables and state/regional association roundtables are opportunities open to discussion. Please contact us with your ideas.
- After each roundtable session at the Expo, Women in Propane invites all attendees to join in continuing the conversation, making new connections, and enjoying the camaraderie with colleagues over hosted beverages. We genuinely welcome you and we suggest you bring your business cards for networking.
- Details can be found on our Calendar of Events and at NPGA Expo. Free to all.
- Traditionally, at the NPGA Board of Directors’ fall and winter meetings, a no-host luncheon is scheduled between the various committee meetings at the meeting hotel. Lunches are preordered and ready for you to accommodate the short transition time between committee meetings. Visiting with fellow NPGA leaders over lunch is a bonus.
- Occasionally a lunch program may include an educational component as part of our new initiative: the “Power Hour”
- Details can be found on our Calendar of Events along with the registration link. Guests pay for their own preordered lunch. NPGA members are welcome to attend the board meetings. Click here to register for free at NPGA seasonal Board meetings.
- Each year the council staffs a booth at the NPGA Southeast Expo. Council members volunteer with their peers to share information with attendees, conduct a drawing or facilitate another interactive activity. Spend a couple hours with WIP members at the show! Please contact us to sign up.
- When the council staffs booths at regional/state conventions, volunteers are needed to talk to attendees and distribute literature. If you are attending your state show, please consider spending a couple hours with WIP members on the trade show floor with us. Contact us with your availability.
Are you helpful at planning events? Do you like attending events?
Organized people who enjoy creating or participating in networking events are invited to join the Programs & Events committee, which successfully coordinates networking events.
Sponsor a networking event
Interested in sponsoring a WIP networking event that connects industry colleagues? Sponsorship is an opportunity to align your company with the importance of development and diversity. There are multiple sponsorship levels and each one makes a positive difference. Learn more about sponsoring.